Instructions for Proposal Submission
Applicants who are interested in operating one of the recreation areas should submit the following information to TVA by mail or by email at:
Mail: (please submit 5 hard copies of the proposal)
Russell D. Smith
Tennessee Valley Authority
400 West Summit Hill Drive
Knoxville, Tennessee 37902-1401
Mailed proposals should be sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested.
All applicants must provide the following information before TVA will review the proposal. If you need clarification, please contact Russell Smith by phone at (865) 632-2436 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicable Business Experience (Form 1). Include a detailed explanation of experience relating to development, operation, and maintenance of campgrounds and associated facilities and other business or work experience.
- Financial Statements and Viability of Operation (Form 2) The applicant should have cash or readily convertible assets equivalent to at least 25 percent of estimated operating costs. FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND PLANS FOR FINANCING ARE SECURED IN CONFIDENCE AND ARE NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION.
- A complete credit application with favorable credit review (Form 3). Provide the information contained in “Credit Evaluation Guidelines.” If applicant is a corporation, the legal name, address, and state of incorporation should be provided. If applicant is an individual, provide the information contained in “Credit Release of Information.”
- Five-year Business Plan (Form 4). Please include:
- A narrative describing all services and facilities to be provided including projected occupancy rates, cash flows, revenues, and operating costs with investment capital for first five years.
- A description of any proposed facility expansions or additional development, including a list of proposed upgrades. For proposals containing expanded facilities, please include a general schedule, description of phases of construction, and anticipated completion dates along with the anticipated costs for each phase of expansion.
- A general concept plan and scope of land impact, including a conceptual site plan and related drawing(s) that includes both existing facilities and any proposed expansion plans. As an aid, an example conceptual plan is provided in each facility package.
- Business References (Form 5). In support of those items above, the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three business references, not related to the applicant by blood or marriage, should be submitted.
- Operating Proposal (Form 6 and, if necessary, attach additional pages). Describe how the recreation area would be operated, the type of equipment to be utilized, and how public services would be provided. While not limited to the following list, please supply details regarding the following at a minimum:
- Number of employees, duties, and supervisors; Fee collection.
- Cleaning, mowing, and maintenance of premises and facilities.
- Storage and maintenance of materials and equipment.
- Reservation system (if proposed).
- Type of temporary resident manager living quarters, if applicable.
- Other revenue-producing operations.
- Long-term campsite rentals (location and proportion).
- Source, amount, and scope of liability insurance.
- Source and type of performance security.
- Operation of day-use area (if applicable).
- Communication of campground rules to campers and signage.
- Operation of annual lottery drawing.
- Campground Operating Season including proposed date of the mandatory two-week vacancy period.
- Statement of Authorization (Form 7) allowing TVA to investigate, if necessary, the applicant's ability to finance, develop, and operate existing facilities including the authority to run any background checks deemed necessary by TVA.
- Section 26a Permit and Land Use Application Applicant Disclosure Form. Applicants must submit a completed disclosure form (Form 8).
- Commitment Statement (Form 9). Proposals must be signed by an official who is authorized to bind the applicant, and proposals shall remain binding for twelve months after the closing date of this prospectus.
- Processing and Administrative Costs. Applicants must submit a $5,000 deposit payable to TVA with each proposal. If selected as the successful grantee, the $5,000 deposit will be applied toward the total administrative cost for the particular facility to be paid in full by the grantee. If the successful applicant withdraws after being notified they were selected, the $5,000 deposit shall be forfeited to TVA. Applicants that are not selected will receive a refund of the $5,000 deposit.