Section 26a of the TVA Act
Minor Construction Projects
Minor facilities include boat docks, piers, boathouses, fences, steps, shoreline-based shelters, and others.
Project plan and drawing
The project plan and drawing must accompany the application. It should:
- Be prepared on paper suitable for reproduction (8-1/2 by 11 inches)
- Identify the kind of structure and its purpose or intended use
- Show the principal dimensions, size, and location in relation to the shoreline and adjacent property boundaries
- Show the height of the structure above the water
- Show both the Plan view (the project as viewed from above) and the Elevation view (the project as viewed from the side)
- Indicate the river or reservoir name, river mile, locator landmarks, and direction of water flow, if known.
Types of projects and sample drawings
Note: Site specific conditions may impact the review and approval of your application. Applying does not guarantee approval. Contact your local regional watershed office for more information and clarification.