Reservoir Information by Phone
For the latest information on reservoir elevations and streamflows, call TVA’s Reservoir Information Line from a touch-tone phone:
- From Knoxville, TN: 865-632-2264
- From Chattanooga, TN: 423-751-2264
- From Muscle Shoals, AL: 256-386-2264
- From all other locations: 800-238-2264 (toll-free)
Press 1 for information about a reservoir’s current elevation.
Press 2 for information about a reservoir’s predicted elevation.
Press 4 for information about a reservoir’s water-release schedule (predicted discharges).
Press 5 for information about observed discharges for the previous eight hours.
Then enter the two-digit code for the reservoir in which you are interested (see list at right).
Press 3 for information about flows of water in unregulated streams; then listen for the gauge reading that interests you.
- You may go directly to the information you want without listening to all the instructions. For example, if you want the Norris water-release schedule, press 4 as soon as you hear “Welcome.” Then, after a slight pause, press 17 for Norris.
- Not all information is available for all reservoirs.
- You may press the * key to return to the main menu or the 9 key to exit from the system without hearing the entire report.