Diversity and Inclusion at TVA
Our mission statement
TVA’s diversity strategy is to maximize diversity awareness and inclusion to drive superior business results and sustainable competitive advantage. It is an ongoing process that supports the ethics and business efforts of TVA, which are essential for our success as an organization.
One key to TVA’s success is the extraordinary diversity of its culture—not just in race or gender but also in background, experience and ideas.
- To develop a comprehensive approach to inclusion
- To break the barriers that impede change
- To model inclusive behaviors throughout the organization
- To implement mentoring for professional development
- To empower employee resource groups
- To grow TVA’s School-to-Work Program.
TVA works to ensure inclusive staffing through its normal recruiting processes but also by attending focus groups, career fairs, conferences and other networking events that promote diversity hiring. If you would like to contact us to offer other ideas or if you are part of a diversity organization that can help us bring in top candidates, please e-mail us at Careers@tva.gov or call us at (866) 620-8010 or (865) 632-6824.
Candidates with special needs
If you have a disability that prevents you from applying online, please call us at (866) 620-8010 or (865) 632-6824.